Friday, June 01, 2007

Mothership: Out with Milena, in with Jeremy

Jeremy Sisto joins the gang!

From The Hollywood Reporter:

Sisto flashing 'Law' badge

By Nellie Andreeva
Jeremy Sisto is returning to NBC next season with a starring role on "Law & Order."

Sisto, who played the lead on NBC's "Kidnapped" last season, will play a detective on "L&O," which is returning in the fall for its 18th season.

"I've watched Jeremy's career evolve and grow, and I am absolutely thrilled that he has decided to join 'Law & Order,' " "L&O" creator/executive producer Dick Wolf said.

Sisto is not a stranger to the veteran crime drama. He guest-starred on the show's 17th-season finale last month, playing a defense attorney. He now will play a brand-new character, which is expected to replace Detective Nina Cassady (Milena Govich).

Sisto's deal to join "L&O" comes on the heels of Fred Thompson's announcement Wednesday that he is leaving the series, on which he played District Attorney Arthur Branch for the past five seasons (HR 5/31).

Sisto, probably best known for his role on Alan Ball's critically acclaimed HBO drama "Six Feet Under," co-stars in Adrienne Shelly's indie romantic comedy "Waitress."

He is repped by ICM and manager Robert Stein.

Labels: , , ,


Blogger VDOVault said...

Okay oh well trades connect will this play out?

The Hollywood Reporter
The Vine: No raise offer irks 'CI' stars
By Nellie Andreeva

June 8, 2007

"Law & Order: Criminal Intent" producers' intent to bring back the cast of the series with no raises next season is not sitting well with the show's stars, sources said. It is understood that Wolf Films and NBC Universal TV Studio have set a deadline of 5 p.m. today for stars Vincent D'Onofrio, Chris Noth and Kathryn Erbe to accept the offer. Series cast members normally receive a 5% salary bump every year, which could be higher for stars on established shows. Studios have been pushing to make that standard raise tied to the show's license fee increase, which generally is lower. In the case of "CI," producers face new economic realities of producing a high-production-value drama with marquee stars on a cable budget because the series has been moved from NBC -- where it aired for six seasons -- to USA Network, with a second window on NBC. (The repeats on NBC should alleviate some of the financial strain.) Reps for Wolf Films and NBC Uni TV declined comment on any actor negotiations.

5 minutes to go as I type this...your thoughts?

4:56 PM  
Blogger Chianapet said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Chianapet said...

See my take on the return of Kidnapped at

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home